Review Date: Annually
Reports to: Office Manager
Hours: ½ time; 10 a.m to 2 p.m. with potential for more
Mountain Phoenix Community School in Wheat Ridge, Colorado, is seeking a part-time Clinic Aide/Receptionist to work in collaboration with the Nurse Consultant and office staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Administer care and monitor sick/injured children within guidelines of District Clinic Management under the support of the Nurse Consultant and as identified in the Clinic Aide Training Manual. Supervise and manage student behavior while student is in the clinic.
- Administer medications within guidelines of District Policy.
- Maintain current and accurate immunization/health records and daily clinic log.
- Organize vision and hearing screening/re-screening for students.
- Communicate with parents and staff regarding medications, injuries, immunization status, vision and hearing screening of students.
- Provide ongoing and current updates and alerts regarding student health concerns to Nurse Consultant and school staff.
- Compile/compose correspondence under the guidance of Nurse Consultant, which includes sending letters to parents to inform them of required immunizations and assisting with articles for the school newsletter.
- Assist Office Manager as assigned, including answering phones, assisting visitors to the school, filing, record keeping and various other duties as needed.
High school diploma/GED required. Must complete Jefferson County School District 12-hour New Clinic Aide training before assuming Clinic Aide duties. Infinite Campus, CPR/AED First Aid Training required at first training opportunity. Previous office experience and/or school experience. Knowledge of basic healthcare preferred. Ability to multi-task, commitment to detailed and accurate documentation for reporting.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Sara Merkel (firstname.lastname@example.org), Office Manager.