We are currently researching options for health-conscious & affordable hot lunch programs and will update you as soon as a decision has been made.
Until we have a program to provide hot lunches, we ask that each child bring a lunch to school each day.
Please be mindful of the following:
- Lunch Box – No Media or Cartoon Characters
- Placemat and Cloth Napkin
- Reusable Containers, rather than plastic baggies & throw-away containers
- Reusable Water Bottle
- Ice Packs…if needed (No refrigerators or microwaves are offered)
- Flatware…if needed
- Healthy Food Choices…No high-sugar items, chocolate, candy or soda
- All items need to be Clearly Labeled with child’s name
Snacks: All Elementary and Middle School students are offered a mid-morning snack period at morning recess. This is a snack provided by you. Please keep in mind the above suggestions regarding labeled, reuasble containers. Snacks should be ‘snack-size'; combining ingredients that promote a healthy mind and energetic body!
- Yogurt and Granola
- Hummus, Whole Grain Crackers & Carrots
- Figs and String Cheese
- Oranges & Pretzels
All snacks should be packed in your child’s lunch box and/or backpack.
Preschool & Kindergarten Children have specific snacks/snack-times…please meet with your child’s teacher for further instruction.