Seeking MPCS Volunteer Liaison (10 hours/week)
Part-time, 10-hour position beginning the week of December 1 through May 31. This position is only open to members of the MPCS community.
The volunteer liaison will partner with the volunteer coordinator to build a robust culture of volunteerism at MPCS by effectively communicating volunteer opportunities, engaging parent volunteers, highlighting volunteer accomplishments, and showing appreciation.
- Computer Literacy (aptitude for learning software quickly)
- Strong writing skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently
Potential Job Responsibilities:
- Manage HelpCounter – clean out the backend and streamline everything, post new opportunities, provide technical support to parents, and create new signups for schoolwide events.
- Manage communications to the parents about volunteer opportunities – send emails via Helpcounter, volunteerism section on website, decide what to highlight in Weekly Reporter, interact on social media, etc.
- Respond to volunteer requests and questions.
- Interact regularly with community at pickup and drop-off.
- Plan and execute a volunteer appreciation event at the end of the year.
- Create and manage outreach volunteer opportunities for the spring.
- Create thank you notes and distribute reusable bags to volunteers who have completed 40 hours.
- Write volunteer spotlights for upcoming blog.
- Update volunteer appreciation blackboard.
- Attend volunteer events as needed.
- Test and propose a new volunteer management/classroom communication software for next year (2017-18 school year).
- Other duties as assigned.