2017 Young Writers Conference – 5/2
Tuesday, May 2 | 6:00 to 8:15 p.m. | Grades 1 to 8| Green Mountain High School | No Cost | Register by April 10
Does your child love writing? Would she like to meet a children’s author? Then sign your child up now to attend the 2017 Young Writers Conference.
At the conference, your child will share his/her own original piece of writing, attend a book fair and hear an exciting author presentation. During the conference, parents are invited to attend a workshop on helping their young writer succeed.
Location: Green Mountain High School
Date and Time: Tuesday, May 2nd Parents & children 6:00–8:30
Primary Book Share (grades 1-2) 6:30-7:15
Intermediate Book Share (grades 3-8) 7:30-8:15
- Return the completed registration form to your child’s teacher no later than April 10, 2017.
- Pre-registration is necessary; there will be NO on-site registration.
- Your child’s schedule will be sent home PRIOR to the conference. Please bring it with you to the conference.
- Please remember to bring your child’s writing.
- Parents are responsible for providing transportation to and from the conference and staying on site through the entire conference.
- Teacher facilitators will be present in rooms from 6:20-7:15 & 7:20-8:15. There should be no children in the room without the facilitator.
- Parents are encouraged to attend the parent workshop or book fair while students are sharing with their peers