After a thoughtful community discernment process, the MPCS community chose the following core values:
To learn more about what these core values mean to the MPCS community, please see below.
We cultivate belonging by nurturing relationships to enliven our shared vision.
Why Community Is a Core Value
We live in community so that our children may flourish.
How MPCS Leadership Demonstrates Community:
- MPCS Leadership creates an environment of trust by listening and responding to our community’s needs, and supports healthy interactions.
- MPCS Leadership continues to deepen and expand our understanding of the principles inspired by Waldorf education, and seeks to consistently align with them.
- MPCS Leadership makes clear the function and responsibility of its interdependent parts, and appreciates their contribution to the whole.
How I Can Demonstrate Community:
- I take a deep interest in the people around me.
- I create a space of hospitality and cultivate new relationships.
- I actively participate by listening with intent to understand, and expressing my feelings and needs constructively.
- I commit to study and self-growth to support the mission of our community.
We work in freedom to bring our inspiration and imagination to life.
Why Creativity Is a Core Value
Following our enthusiasm unlocks our genius as a gift to ourselves and the world.
How MPCS Leadership Demonstrates Creativity:
- MPCS Leadership provides a safe place for creative expression.
- MPCS Leadership encourages people to live on their growing edge so they may awaken and embody their potential.
- MPCS Leadership values and encourages the Arts as a mode of learning.
How I Can Demonstrate Creativity:
- I make time to engage my creative process, try new things, and learn from mistakes.
- I recognize the ideas, strengths, and talents of others and invite their contributions.
- I take personal risks to help the community grow.
We thrive when we live within the rhythms of our natural and social environments.
Why Health Is a Core Value
When we nourish mind, body, and soul, we experience beauty, warmth, and resiliency.
How MPCS Leadership Demonstrates Health:
- MPCS Leadership encourages reflection, forgiveness, questioning, and feedback.
- MPCS Leadership nurtures the holistic development of the entire community through the principles of Waldorf education.
- MPCS Leadership promotes and practices self-care and self-development in order to contribute fully to the community.
How I Can Demonstrate Health:
- I speak directly to people to resolve issues as they arise.
- I nurture myself with play, stillness, and time in nature.
- I am kind to those around me.
- I maintain healthy boundaries.
We stand in awe, wonder, and respect of the world before us.
Why Reverence Is a Core Value
When we honor each person as an essential part of the whole, we bring meaning and purpose to life.
How MPCS Leadership Demonstrates Reverence:
- MPCS Leadership intentionally pauses to allow our higher purpose to infuse our work.
- MPCS Leadership creates experiences of meaningful, mindful, and purposeful connection.
- MPCS Leadership simplifies our environment so that we may protect and honor childhood.
How I Can Demonstrate Reverence:
- I open myself to the world through stillness and gratitude.
- I am true to my individual spiritual path while honoring others.
- I cultivate the habits of courtesy and kindness.
We act in harmony with our deeply held beliefs and values.
Why Integrity is a Core Value
When we act with integrity, we build trust, inspire confidence, and experience our wholeness.
How MPCS Leadership Demonstrates Integrity:
- MPCS Leadership acts in a spirit of transparency, and models clear and honest communication.
- MPCS Leadership bases decisions on the vision and mission of the school, and follows through on commitments.
- MPCS Leadership continues to deepen and expand our understanding of the community.
How I Can Demonstrate Integrity:
- I am open, honest, and timely in my communications.
- I work with others for the highest good of the organization, valuing principles above personality.
- I deal with myself and others in a truthful, sincere, and forthright manner.
We use sustainable practices to nurture, protect, and guide our resources into the future.
Why Stewardship Is a Core Value
Our children thrive when we responsibly provide a beautiful, safe, and fertile environment.
How MPCS Leadership Demonstrates Stewardship:
- MPCS Leadership provides opportunities to care for our campus and classrooms.
- MPCS Leadership guides the growth of our children by cultivating a conscious relationship with their environment.
- MPCS Leadership models and teaches wise management of resources for the greater good.
How I Can Demonstrate Stewardship:
- I pay attention and take action when small deeds of stewardship present themselves.
- I offer my time, talent, and resources as I am able.
- I accept and respect my interdependence with all living things.