A charter school such as Mountain Phoenix cannot exist without the commitment and efforts of its parents and guardians. We depend upon and welcome volunteerism of all kinds.
Whether it is skilled trade or chaperoning a field trip, we gratefully request that each family find a way to serve the school, each according to individual strengths and interests.
There are endless ways to get your volunteer hours and build meaningful connections at our school. Check out our Volunteer & Giving Info Sheet and the MPCS Volunteer Opportunities Engagement Chart! Here are just a few examples on how you can help our school thrive:
- Support Your Child’s Classroom – Become a class rep, chaperone field trips, attend creak walks, help prepare materials at home, etc.
- Volunteer at Community Events – Whether you want to chair an event or share an hour of your time, we need you!
- Attend School Meetings (Governing Council, Parent Council, Foundation, and committees)
- Support Committee Work – Database management, grant writing, fundraising, community outreach, share your expertise, etc.
- Volunteer in the Main/Middle School Offices.
- Meet with Volunteer Coordinator.
- Cook delicious treats for events.
- Donate items to school/classrooms ($10 worth of donations = 1 hour of volunteer time).
- Lead an after school enrichment activity.
- Volunteer at a Stewardship Day on MPCS campus.
- Help direct traffic in the mornings/afternoons.
- Write for the blog, photograph school events, contribute to social media, help design school communications, etc.
- Beautify Our Campus – Pull weeds, garden, etc.
If you need help with anything related to volunteerism at Mountain Phoenix, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Sondra Lockett-Cameron at:
- 303.728.9100 x. 359