Before and After Care
2022-23 Before and Aftercare Information
We understand that families may need care before and after school hours for their children. To meet the needs of our busy families, we offer before and after care for students in preschool through eighth grade.
The purpose is to provide licensed, high quality, and affordable child care in the hours before and after school in order to meet the needs of families at Mountain Phoenix Community School.
We want the children to have fun, enjoy supportive and positive relationships with caring adults and to experience time for a big exhale after a busy school day!
- VALUES: The program is based on the same values of Mountain Phoenix Community School:
- SAFE: The staff is committed to making sure that the environment is safe for the children, that the children are safe with each other and that the staff are safe, too. We follow the same playground rules as during the regular school day.
- KIND: We believe that we all share a responsibility to support and nurture the children. That parents and staff show each other kindness while we encourage the children to show kindness to each other and to the staff.
- RESPECT: Respectful relationships are very important. We believe that quality of care we provide is measured by the quality of relationships we have with the children, with parents and our colleagues. We are committed to ensuring that all relationships are respectful; warm and caring; honest and open; fair and equitable.
- RESPONSIBLE: We take our responsibilities of caring for the children very seriously. We are grateful that you have entrusted your children into our care and as the parents of these children you share that responsibility with us.
- In order for children to participate in childcare, caregivers must sign up their child in advance for each day that they need child care. (Go to MPCS Before and Aftercare group on ParentSquare)
- If a caregiver has not signed up their child for childcare in advance or the child is brought to childcare because the caregiver has failed to pick up the child at dismissal, the caregiver will be contacted and may be asked to pick up their child if our program is filled for the day.
- Childcare ends at 5:00 p.m. and if a parent does not arrive by that time, and they have not called the program leader, they will be charged $3 per minute for every minute that they are late.
- If a caregiver has not picked the child by 5:15 and the staff cannot reach the caregiver or the emergency contacts, law enforcement will be contacted to find the parent and/or to take the child into care.
- All fees are to be paid by the 15th of each month. If a caregiver fails to pay fees by the 15th of each month, the child may not be able to attend the program until the fees are paid.
Mornings Monday – Friday
7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
Staff make sure the children get to class at the assigned time.
Afternoons Monday – Thursday
3:15 – 5:00 p.m.
1:15 – 5:00 p.m.
- Morning Fee: Monday – Friday $6
- Afternoon Fee until 5:00 pm: Monday – Thursday $12
- Afternoon Fee until 4:00 pm: Monday – Thursday $8
- Afternoon Fee: Friday $24
Unlimited Before/Aftercare for a flat fee of $250 per month
If you child attends aftercare every day of the week (Monday-Friday), the monthly fee saves you the most money.
The fees will be totaled and added to your child’s Jeffco Connect account by the 5th of each month or by the closest school day to the 5th. In order for your child/ren to continue in the program, payment is due by the 15th of each month.
Please contact our Enrichment Program Coordinator, Stephanie O’Friel at email@example.com