Seedlings: Parent and Child Classes
The MPCS Seedlings Parent and Child Classes provide a warm, welcoming space for families to learn and grow. Auntie Susan, an experienced early childhood educator, will lead you and your little one through a gentle, predictable rhythm that features developmentally-appropriate, play-based activities for the children and inspiration and support for the parents.
Each session is seasonally-centered and features unique projects. The rhythm will reflect the preschool/kindergarten school year, just on a smaller scale, so the content of the whole year is valuable. Play time and time to socialize with new friends is also ongoing, so a whole year will build those relationships with teacher, peers, parents, and the Mountain Phoenix Community.
The curriculum for the Seedlings Class features:
- time for parents to connect
- social time
- a hearty snack
- creative time for parents
- free play for children
- songs, stories and circle time
- information and articles about child development and education
- Location: Faddick Hall (Building C) East entrance
- Ages: birth to 3 years old
- Time: 9:00 to 11:45 a.m.
- Days: Class is offered on Mondays and Thursdays. You may choose to attend class one or two days a week.
- Cost: The cost for the Spring session is $245 per session for one day a week.
- You may sign up for multiple days.
- There is also a $45 materials fee per session.
- There is a one time $25 registration fee.
- If you begin mid-session, the cost will be prorated at $28 per class plus the $45 materials fee and a $25 registration fee.
- Acceptance: You will be notified of placement in class 1-2 weeks prior to orientation.
Participation in the Seedlings Program does not give enrollment priority into the PreK through 8th-grade programs at Mountain Phoenix Community School.
For the 2017-2018 academic year, we are offering the following sessions:
- Summer/Fall – August 21st-November 14th (Mandatory Parent Orientation Evening: August 14th 6–7 pm. Adults Only.)
No classes September 4th, October 23rd, 24th, 31st, November 9th
- Winter – November 27th -February 16th (Mandatory Parent Orientation Evening: November 13th 6-7 pm. Adults Only.)
no classes December 21–January 5th, January 15th and 16th
- Spring – March 5th-May 24th (Mandatory Parent Orientation Evening: March 1st 6–7 pm. Adults Only.)
no classes March 26-30, April 23rd, April 26th, April 30, and May 3rd
Whoever is going to attend the majority of the classes with the child is the one who is most needed at the mandatory orientation evening (with any other parents very welcome as well, of course).
To register, please fill out the Seedlings Registration Application
Deliver or mail your completed application, with a $25 registration fee, to:
Mountain Phoenix Community School
4725 Miller Street
Wheat Ridge, CO 8003
If you have any questions, please contact Leslie Fox, Enrollment Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.728.9100, x. 327.
Meet Susan Skokan, Lead Teacher of the Seedlings Program