Fun Run Donation Deadline Extended Till Noon on October 19th!
About Fun Run
The Fun Run, sponsored by the MPCS Foundation, is school’s first fundraiser of the year and is typically one our largest moneymakers.
We strive to make all children feel they can participate regardless of their running ability. It’s supposed to be fun, right? We are focusing on lump sum donations (vs. per lap pledges) and are encouraging that each child raise at least $100 in order to meet our event goal of raising $40,000!
We are Counting on YOU
In order to raise $40,000, we’re challenging each child to raise at least $100. This doesn’t need to come from parents….please take this opportunity to reach out to neighbors, family, friends, coworkers, etc. to contribute. Every dollar counts and it’s a great way to get the community involved. Here’s how:
- Download the Fun Run Donation Form to take to work, walk the neighborhood and help your children track their offline and online progress. Remember, the goal is to get to at least $100/child and every dollar counts!
- Share our Online Donation form with friends/family via email and social media. This is crowd funding at its finest!
We will be rewarding classrooms, so PLEASE tell contributors to indicate your child’s name, grade level and teacher’s name in the comments section so that we know who to attribute the donation to.
What Does the Money Go Toward?
Fun Run funds will go toward supporting our classrooms, campus, teachers, and PE department. Here’s the breakdown:
- 5% of the total amount raised will go directly to the PE program at MPCS. Last year, the PE program received $1,850, which went toward the purchase of games equipment.
- For each classroom that reaches its financial goal a monetary reward will be earmarked for that classroom’s specific needs. Last year, we deposited over $4,000 into the classroom accounts through Fun Run donations.
- The remaining funds will support professional development for our MPCS staff, and improvements to our wonderful school.
Fun Run 2018 Schedule
ECE will run on the small track at the following times:
- 8:45 – 9:10: Sunflowers and Bluebirds
- 9:10 – 9:35 Chickadees and Honey Bees
- 9:35 -10:00: Dandelions, Buttercups, and Sweet Peas
6th – 8th grades will run on the large track.
8:45: 1st Heat classes arrive at Fruitdale Park and go to assigned tent to warm-up.
9:00: Fun Run/Walk begins!
9:30: Race ends.
10:00: Stop by the front of the Main Office building for an agua fresca refreshment.
1st & 2nd grades will run on the small track.
3rd – 5th grades will run on the large track.
10:00: 2nd Heat classes arrive at Fruitdale Park and go to assigned tent to warm-up.
10:15: Fun Run/Walk 2nd Heat begins!
10:45: Race ends
11:00: Stop by the front of the Main Office building for an agua fresca refreshment.
The 2018 Fun Run map is available here, which shows the location of the small track and large track, as well as the tents.