Fun Run Recap
Thank you to everyone who made last Friday’s Fun Run/Walk: Laps for Learning such a resounding success! On the large track, our homeschool and 3-8th grade students logged more than 3500 laps, or 880 miles! Such an accomplishment!! And on our smaller track, the ECE, 1st, and 2nd grade children were unstoppable. They blew away their lap goals, more than doubling what they had anticipated running. So proud!
Wanted to especially thank all of the folks who helped during the day of the event…the classroom reps who helped getting the children to the park, those who counted laps, and the faculty and parents who encouraged students to do their best throughout the race. Particularly, we’d like to thank the following people, who went above and beyond the call of duty last Friday:
- Chris McCune for helping count laps for both races on the big track AND for helping take down all of the tents!
- Calvin Weatherall for donating your time, equipment, and musical talents to help energize our runners and make it afun event!
- David Townsend, Heather Lee, Maia Larkin, and Bonnie Roman for perfectly capturing the lovely event with wonderful photography!
- Shannon Vogel and Natasha Uecker for jumping in at the last minute and helping with counting laps for both races on the large track!
- All the specials teachers (Mr. Perez, Señora Cahoone, Ms. Pollitt, and Ms. Scheuerman) for helping with counting laps, stretching out our runners, cheering them on, starting, and ending the race!
- A special Thank YOU to Ms. Ince who cares so passionately about the children, encouraging them to set challenging goals and do their personal best at all times. This event exists because of YOU!
We Have Raised $14,000…1/3 of Our Goal So Far!
Our goal is to raise $45,000 and so far, we are a 1/3 of the way there, collecting approximately $14,000 via online and offline donations. Remember, if each child raises $75, we will meet our goal. AND, for each grade that meets this $75/child on average goal, $300 will go into the classroom account. Please get all donations in by EOD Monday, October 17!
- Fun Run Donation Sheet – Great for walking through the neighborhood to collect donations!
- Online Donation Form – Fabulous for sharing on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). Be sure to put your child’s name, grade and teacher’s name in the Comments section.
Thank you to everyone who has donated so far. Here’s where we are with the donations (offline AND online) collected by each grade/classroom as of Wednesday, October 12. Huge shout out to Auntie Joy’s Sweet Peas classroom with the highest percentage AND the 3rd grade classrooms with the most money contributed so far. Thank you!!!
|Financial Goal||Current Total||% of Goal|