Meet and Greet Recruitment Events with the Governing Council
We welcome you to the following events to learn more about what the GC does and receive answers to any questions to may have about serving on the board:
- 2/28: 8:30 am, Coffee with the GC, Middle School library (or outdoors if weather permits)
- 3/15: 6:30 pm, Meet and Greet, Silver Vines Winery in Old Town Arvada
- 4/4: 8:30 am, Coffee with the GC, Middle School library (or outdoors if weather permits)
If you cannot attend a Coffee or Meet and Greet event but would like to ask questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a follow up meeting or call with GC member.
In Spring 2018, there is 1 seat up for election and 2 for appointment. The term for each seat is 3 years, and the term begins on July 1, 2018.
What role does a Governing Council member play at MPCS?
- The Governing Council Process Policy (available here: bit.ly/2oxK7D7) gives you an excellent overview of the principles of a healthy board, overview of annual calendar, and skills needed for a well- rounded board.
- The best way to learn about the varying roles of board members is to attend a regularly scheduled GC meeting (typically the last Wednesday of each month at 6 PM, check calendar on main site. You can also view documents and policies on the MPCS site.)
- The Roles and Responsibilities matrix (available here: bit.ly/2GKxZ9w) gives examples of some elements of school decision making the GC weighs in on, and to what degree.
Great! I’d like to learn more. What do I do next?
- Please submit a letter of interest, resume, Candidate Intent Form, and Governing Council Statement of Agreement Form (available here: bit.ly/2CJyluy). In your letter, please indicate whether you are interested in an elected or appointed position (or both). Send to email@example.com.
- Mark your calendar for our Annual Meeting on May 5 at 8:30am. You will be emailed prior to this meeting with what you can expect as a potential candidate