MPCS’s 7th Annual Fun Run: Laps for Learning was a huge success!
We raised over $37,000 for our school
About Fun Run
The Fun Run, sponsored by the MPCS Foundation, is school’s first fundraiser of the year and is typically one our largest moneymakers.
We strive to make all children feel they can participate regardless of their running ability. It’s supposed to be fun, right? We are focusing on lump sum donations (vs. per lap pledges) and are encouraging that each child raise at least $100 in order to meet our event goal of raising $40,000!
We are Counting on YOU
In order to raise $40,000, we’re challenging each child to raise at least $100. This doesn’t need to come from parents….please take this opportunity to reach out to neighbors, family, friends, coworkers, etc. to contribute. Every dollar counts and it’s a great way to get the community involved. Here’s how:
- Download the Fun Run Donation Sheet to take to work, walk the neighborhood and help your children track their offline and online progress. Remember, the goal is to get to at least $100/child and every dollar counts!
- Share our Online Donation form with friends/family via email and social media. This is crowd funding at its finest!
We will be rewarding classrooms, so PLEASE tell contributors to indicate your child’s name, grade level and teacher’s name in the comments section so that we know who to attribute the donation to.
What Does the Money Go Toward?
Fun Run funds will go toward supporting our classrooms, campus, teachers, and PE department. Here’s the breakdown:
- 5% of the total amount raised will go directly to the PE program at MPCS. Last year, the PE program received $1,600, which went toward the purchase of games equipment.
- For each classroom that reaches its financial goal a monetary reward will be earmarked for that classroom’s specific needs. Last year, we deposited nearly $4,000 into the classroom accounts through Fun Run donations.
- The remaining funds will support professional development for our MPCS staff, and improvements to our wonderful school.